Farmers Market Recipe: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
As a follow up to our Eating Locally, Seasonally and Sustainably blog post, here’s a delicious and nutritious recipe that can be made mostly with items you find at the farmer’s market.
• 2 cups Quinoa
• 3 ½ cups water
• ¼ tsp sea salt
Directions: Rinse quiona and cook according to package instruction. When complete, remove from heat and allow to cool.
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• ½ tsp sea salt
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mason jar, place lid on tight and shake until well.
• 2 cups cooked white beans (approx. 1 can)
• 2 medium carrots, chopped
• 1 medium zucchini, chopped
• 1 can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
• ½ to 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
• ½ cup chopped vine ripe tomatoes
• 4 cups baby spinach leaves
• ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds
Directions: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa with veggie mixture and top with dressing. Mix well until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
Will keep for up to 3 days in an air tight container in the fridge.
In Good Health,